About this course: Functional programming is becoming increasingly widespread in industry.
This trend is driven by the adoption of Scala as the main programming language for many applications.
Scala fuses functional and object-oriented programming in a practical package.
In this course you will discover the elements of the functional programming style and learn how to apply them usefully in your daily programming tasks.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- understand the principles of functional programming,
- write purely functional programs, using recursion,
pattern matching, and higher-order functions,
- combine functional programming with objects and classes,
- design immutable data structures,
- reason about properties of functions,
- understand generic types for functional programs
Recommended background: You should have at least one year programming experience.